Sunday, October 4, 2009

My First Day


This isn't exactly my first day of watching no TV. It's actually been one whole month. My mom told me to do it. So far it's been going really well. My mom is also doing no TV for one whole year. She's going to take a knitting class. My dad is going to wear whatever my mom makes! (It's gonna be a sweater! One sleeve is going to be a foot longer than the other!!) While I do this I can read more, do more, and learn more. I even finished a 300 piece puzzle! I'm on my second puzzle. I can't wait until it ends because when I finish I get a cell-phone. I've already finished five novels. My mom has only finished...ZERO! I'm on my sixth novel now. The only time I can watch TV is during the holidays and movie night. At my house every Friday night is called movie night because we have dinner in our den and we watch a movie.

So please join me as often as you can. I post every Sunday. If something cool happens during the week, it will definitely be on here! Please post back, comment, and let me know what you're doing.

See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your first blog posting Shao! I am Shao's mother...the one who had this great idea. And...it is a great idea. Shao is such a bright girl and it made me CRAZY to see her wasting hours watching repeats of shows on Disney and Nick etc. So far, look! She has read so much, has started playing the piano, is doing puzzles and many more things that she will write about. I am proud to say that together we have both obtained library cards and every Friday afternoon take a trip together to the local library-we have had fun exploring all the library has to offer. I know that this is a big saccrifice for Shao...but I hope that through this year she can develop some great new habits and passions, that she will expand her horizons and that we will find opportunities to enjoy more quality time together. As for my personal goals during the no TV year...I just finished my first novel since the start of the challenge...on to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Shao and Nancy. Shao, what books are you reading? Claire is just starting piano. She did a little last year. I am going to show her this blog so she can see what you are up to!

    Moya

    ReplyDelete